Until recently we have been using our walks with the dog to get in exercise, because lets get real nobody wants to spend time at the gym when your fat. I know I don't want to it is uncomfortable because it seems like everyone is staring and wondering why you are there......duh to get fit, but for some reason heavy people, who are trying to lose weight, seem to always be questioned or stared at. Just plain uncomfortable.
By the way the reason i am so sporadic on this blog is because I have gotten so busy with school and work, I have neglected everything else.....including my health. I am back on the bandwagon and hopefully this will be a lifelong change and commitment that I will be making to myself. This journey has been nothing short of failure so far, but I refuse to think that this is what my life is supposed to be.....I will not let this past journey define me, I will succeed because I HAVE TO.
So to start this off right I am going to make this amazing chicken chili I found a couple months ago.....It is amazing and healthy and my family loves it
Author: Haley D. Williams
Serves: 10 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels (about 2⅓ cups)
- Two 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 oz. taco seasoning (recipe for homemade seasoning here)
- 1 teaspoon cumin*
- 1 teaspoon chili powder*
- 24 oz (1½ lbs) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beans, canned tomato, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Serve with fresh cilantro, cheese and/or sour cream.
- The following nutritional values are approximate and does not include any added cheese or sour cream.
Serving size: 1¼ cups Calories: 204 Fat: 1.5 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Fiber: 10 g Protein: 17 g