need help?

WEIGHT LOSS GOALS

Current Weight----- 287 lbs

5% Goal-----273 lbs
10% Goal----258 lbs

Goal Weight-----145 lbs


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 2

Here we are on Day 2 and i must admit I ran into a little problem yesterday. Taco Bell is one of my weakness. So yesterday I got done with school and got a call to bring home Taco bell...aaahhhh nooooo. That was all I was thinking, but I did it anyways. I ended up getting two of their fresco tacos and must say they were mighty good, and at $.89 a pop they don't break the bank. Now I will not make this a habit, but I know that if I get those dreaded Taco Bell cravings I can go and get the fresco tacos without totally ruining myself :)

My menu for yesterday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal~ I am a creature of habit~ ($.19 for one packet)
Coffee with sweet & low and a little bit of cream

Lunch: 2 Taco Bell Fresco crunchy Tacos ($1,78)

Snack: 1 banana ($.40)

Dinner: Spaghetti,bread, salad.($.74 noodles, $1.29 sauce, $1.29 bread, $2.99 salad, $1.98 dressing This dinner was roughly $5.02 for a family of four)
-now when I have spaghetti I take the time to dish out my noodles in a measuring cup, I just measure out the serving size. That is all the Spaghetti I have, then we have baguette bread so I don't eat as many and they are small, the salad I had was with a light Raspberry walnut vinagerette. All this together was perfect for dinner.

My total cost for the day was: $7.39

Now this number is when I break everything down by price. For the record I spend about $100 every two weeks on groceries, I am very huge bargain shopper, but we always have fresh fruit, vegetables, and snacks in our house. I have just found ways to eat healthier on a strict budget.

Here is a cheap Healthy and great tasting Tuna Casserole recipe,
TUNA CASSEROLE

What you need:
1 can Tuna in water, drained
1 cup Macaroni, uncooked
1 Onion, chopped
1 can Peas, drained (baby peas if possible)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup Skim milk
6 tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
In a casserole dish, stir together the tuna, macaroni, onion, peas, mushroom soup,

and milk. Make sure the macaroni is covered by the sauce. Sprinkle with the cheddar

cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

**One thing you can do to drop the calories and fat is substitute reduced fat cream of mushroom soup for the regular and reduced fat cheddar for reg. cheddar**
~ For the weight watcher lovers this is 6 pts per serving

Calories 329.2
Total Fat 9.2 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg
Sodium 929.6 mg
Potassium 478.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 23.7

No comments:

Post a Comment