need help?

WEIGHT LOSS GOALS

Current Weight----- 287 lbs

5% Goal-----273 lbs
10% Goal----258 lbs

Goal Weight-----145 lbs


Monday, March 29, 2010

Here starts the Journey

Hello to all,
I am starting this blog to help myself and hopefully others. I have been overweight for about 9 years. Now I can use all the excuses, I have kids, I don't have time to exercise, I can't afford to eat healthy, but you know what I am sick and tired of the excuses. I CAN DO IT!!!! I know it, I just need motivation. I have tried many different diets, but they never stick. So here is what I propose.......I will update this blog on a daily basis with what I have eaten, what I did for exercise, and every Friday I will weigh in and post here. I will also make sure to find great healthy frugal recipes, and ways to exercise on a budget.

My highest weight ever was 330lbs. I am currently at 305, I have so much more to go, but I am going to do it. I have always lived on a budget, and having a busy family life makes it hard to exercise. This time around I am not letting go.

To start I want to share a very frugal and healthy recipe:

TACO SOUP

makes 12 cups (serving size 1 cup)
1 lb. ground turkey (or lean ground beef )
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Chile Hot Beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)

Brown meat and onions, drain. Mix Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and
taco seasoning mix into meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other
ingredients. Simmer 1 hour. If you can find the reduced sodium taco
seasoning and the reduced sodium Hidden Valley it is very helpful because
of the high sodium count in both the seasonings and the chili hot beans.
This is delicious served with Baked Tostitos chips
(they aren't in the point count per cup serving).

For those of you who love Weight Watchers this is a 2 pt recipe.
Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 134.2
Total Fat: 3.0 g
Cholesterol: 26.7 mg
Sodium: 791.1 mg
Total Carbs: 18.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.1 g
Protein: 11.0 g

No comments:

Post a Comment