need help?

WEIGHT LOSS GOALS

Current Weight----- 287 lbs

5% Goal-----273 lbs
10% Goal----258 lbs

Goal Weight-----145 lbs


Thursday, October 22, 2015

The healthier the food the more $$ is spent

I was so sad yesterday.  I went to the grocery store to buy stuff for salads.  You know the kind of salad that you would get at a restaurant, but you want to make it at home.  So I went and bought lettuce,  cherry tomatoes, 1 green pepper, 1 bundle of green onions, 1 bag of sprouts, and 1 cucumber.  I also bought some apples and bananas for snacks around the house.  Nothing but healthy good food, so you can imagine my shock when I find out that my total was.........$28.72.
I was shocked at how much healthier foods are, it's no wonder people in America are large, some people can't afford to buy the healthier foods other may not want to spend that much money for food.  For goodness sakes the apples I bought which was only 4 cost me roughly $6.  Its ridiculous, now I am sure there are other stores I could have gone to, but this store is right next to my house so it was either spend a little more on groceries or spend a little more for gas.  I guess the take away from this is be sure that when I do my grocery shopping at the other stores I might need to make sure and buy my fruits and veggies from there instead.
If there are any ideas of ways to cut back your grocery bill let me know and I will share it with everyone.
Oh and by the way the dinner we had was amazing.  We had salads and homemade parmesean garlic bread. (delicious)   Our salads had lettuce, tomato, green pepper, green onion, sprouts, cucumber, lunch meat, eggs, and crunchy chow mein noodles.

As for the bread, I found this recipe through pinterest.  If you don't have a bread machine I would highly recommend getting one.  Often times you can find them for very cheap at your local thrift store.  This is the kind of thing people will get as a gift or buy for themselves and then realize that they aren't going to use it very often so they get rid of it.  I got my bread machine for xmas last year and I have been using it ever since and I love it. 
Italian Parmesan Bread for Bread Machine. Photo by Color Guard Mom:
Italian Parmesan Bread For Bread Machine


Here is the Recipe:
ITALIAN PARMESAN BREAD FOR A BREAD MACHINE
 
Ingredients 
 Directions
  1. Add ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
  2. Mine is water first, then flour, then seasonings and cheese, lastly yeast.
  3. Run on basic or delay cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment