Here is the recipe:
Skinny 3-Cheese Penne
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1¼ cup
¼ tsp salt, divided
13.25 oz dry Whole Grain Penne Pasta
1 tsp Extra Light Olive Oil
½ small onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
23.25 oz jar Prego® Light Smart Traditional Pasta Sauce
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1½ cups Reduced Fat Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a square 8.5x8.5-inch (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add ⅛ tsp salt to boiling water. Add penne pasta and cook until pasta is al dente (softened but still slightly firm), about 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, add extra light olive oil, onions and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until onions have softened and garlic is tender.
- Turn heat to low and pour in pasta sauce. Add in basil, oregano, black pepper and remaining ⅛ tsp salt. Stir sauce well. Cover and heat for 5-7 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl combine cottage cheese, ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cooked pasta.
- Transfer ½ of pasta to baking dish. Evenly spread ½ of the cheese mixture on top. Then add remaining pasta followed by remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: (1¼ cup) Calories: 276 Calories from fat: 63 Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 498mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 7g Sugar 7g Protein: 17g Calcium: 21% Iron: 22%