need help?

WEIGHT LOSS GOALS

Current Weight----- 287 lbs

5% Goal-----273 lbs
10% Goal----258 lbs

Goal Weight-----145 lbs


Friday, June 11, 2010

Sloppy Joes

So I sit here and wonder what kinds of recipes I should be posting. I personally am not a fan of seafood and I really am not a big meat eater. So I will be sure to try and include items I like and don't like. I am sure there are alot of you out there who would love some great healthy pocket friendly seafood recipes. I decided to do Sloppy Joes today. Now I have also come to the realization that no matter how hard you try eating healthier is just more expensive. So I am trying very hard to get the pocket friendly recipes I can. Now there may be sometimes I decide to do one that is not pocket friendly but just sounds really tasty.

ENJOY!!!

SLOPPY JOES
serves 4

What you need:
2 Large Garlic Cloves
1 Small Yellow Onion
1 Small Green Pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
Nonstick Cooking Spray
Salt and Pepper
12 ounces of Ground Turkey
3/4 cup reduced sugar Ketchup (regular ketchup is ok, but you will need to add one
point per serving)
2/3 cup water
2 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
4 light hamburger buns like Ezekial 4:9 or ( I suggest using Oroweat Sandwhich Thins)

Directions:
1. Heat large pan over med. to high heat
2. Combine garlic, onion, and green pepper in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
3. When the pan is hot spray with cooking spray and add chopped veggies then season with salt and pepper, cook until veggies are fragrant and tender about 4 minutes
4. Add turkey stir to break it up season with salt and pepper, continuing to break it up. Once the turkey is cooked all the way through add the ketchup, water, worchestershire sauce and chili powder. Bring mix to a simmer.
5. Toast the buns in toaster. Divide the mix among the buns and serve.

NOTE~~~ I love pickles so I always add some pickles at the end, and they are 0 points extra.

WW points~~~5 pts per serving.
Nutrition Info:
Calories 297
Fat 2.4g
Protein 29g
Carb 42g
Chol 41 mg
Fiber 7g
Sod 461mg

And a side that would go great with this is
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC BROWNED BUTTER
Yields 4 servings ( about 5 spears per serving)

What you need:
20 spears ( about 1 lb) trimmed
cooking spray
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Arrange asparagus in single layer on baking sheat. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake for about 12 minutes or until tender
meanwhile melt butter in small saucepan and cook for 3 min on med heat, until lightly brown, shake pan occasionally. remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over the asparagus. Toss to coat well.

WW points~~1 point per serving

Nutrition Facts
Calories 45
fat 3g
protein 1.9g
carb 3.9g
fiber 1.7g
Chol 8g
Sod 134mg

No comments:

Post a Comment